Well what do ya know...

Here I was, minding my own business when an idea appeared out of no where. It had been a while since any idea had visited me, so I wasn't at all expecting it, but I welcomed it warmly. The small talk ensued immediately.
"Hello Idea," I said politely. "It's been a while since you last visited me."
"It's been too long," Idea chirped. "I decided to stop by and see if you needed anything from me."
I pondered that, but only briefly. "I do think I could use some assistance," I said with a smile. "I'm can't seem to put all my pieces together. Any concepts you could throw in for me in my struggle to right the first book."
Idea frowned. "I think I've helped you enough in that section. You can definitely finish the rest of your first book. Just use your head. You are so close!"
I mimicked his frown and nodded, defeated.
"But," he continued, "I have a gift for you."
My ears perked up. "A gift? What is it?"
The gift was better than I imagined; it was the plot of my second book laid out before me. The minor details would, of course, come to me as I wrote, but the overall picture hit me in the face like a dodgeball to a nerdy kid.
It's moments like these that I feel like I'm invincible.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Your dorkiness astounds me.
But you're hilarious. I love you.

 
Copyright © Dreaming Up Realities