Teaser Tuesday

Decided to participate in this week's TT because I've been busy working on my untitled dark contemporary WIP sitting pretty at 3400 words (for now).

A brief premise is about the MC, Lexie--a spoiled Queen Bee who is put at blame in the suicide note of a boy she used and teased.

In this scene, Lexie runs away from the boy's funeral and into Emilia--Jared's (the boy) best and only friend.

I love the complexity of these characters and their dynamics. I hope it comes out clear that in one minute, you can go from hating Lexie and thinking she's terrible, to feeling pity for her in the next.

**********

Snipped. Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Karla Calalang said...

Wow, this was intense. And you're right about the great dynamics and complexity between them. I want to know more about this! Seems like an awesome premise :)

Girlinbetween said...

WOW! This is intense.

I absolutely love the dynamics in this teaser.

The fact she doesn't care just just makes Lexie is incredibly interesting.

Hannah said...

LOVED this. Awesome job, Leah!

Karla Nellenbach said...

this is a really intense tease! great snip. leaves me wanting more

bethany said...

Wow, very interesting, I definitely want to read more!

Glen Akin said...

Probably the best teaser I've read on your blog. I want this book more than ever!

 
Copyright © Dreaming Up Realities