Trailer and contest

Yeah, seems like a weird combination, but both are fitting into this post.

First off, if you haven't seen the new trailer for The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader...Go.Watch.It.NOW!

I'll be honest and say that I may or may not have shrieked like a banshee when I saw that William Moseley was in this one too, him being the perfect choice for my male MC, Adarin, in Concealed. The trailer itself was good, nothing special--even for a teaser trailer. I expected better but again--Peter was in it, so I pretty much fangirled.

I'm still very excited for this movie, as I definitely LOVE the books. It's going to be such a great winter movie season, what with Narnia coming out and Harry Potter part one (which if you haven't seen that trailer yet, I don't think I can speak to you). I'm on the verge of exploding with that one. While I love Narnia to death, I didn't actually read them until after the first movie came out. I still remember being in 5th grade and looking at the cover of this book with a picture of a lion on it and a really loooong title, and thinking, "I'll come back to this." But it never happened and I kinda regret not reading them sooner.

Harry Potter, on the other hand, is something that I completely grew up with. I started reading them when I was in 6th grade, 2 years after the first book had come out. I was so obsessed. I read all of them instantly and because so sad when I realized I had to wait for the next books to come out. It's been 11 freakin' years since I first started reading them and even to this day, I've never been more excited for something to come out. The movies, while not being all that great, are still little pieces that remind me the series isn't quite over yet. I like having the buildup of wait and anticipation. Me and Sarah used to play the waiting game with the Lord of the Rings movies, so once HP movies are out and on DVD, it'll be a sad reminder that there will be no more waiting in line for 10 hours in 105 degree heat with friends at the midnight premiere.

We'll have to find another book-to-movie to ogle. I'm hoping that next one will be The Hunger Games.

Anyways, enough with my sadness of the HP series ending (it just means I'll have to save up money to visit the HP theme park *winkwink*). The next bit of news is Sumayyah is having a contest over at her blog. I pretty much adore her AND her contests, so you should definitely check it out. Her prizers are fantastic! :D

You can find her contest here.

0 comments:

 
Copyright © Dreaming Up Realities