Teaser Tuesday

Another snippet from my WIP, Time Lost, which is an Urban Fantasy 5-book series about a girl, Sierra, who discovers she was born into an eternal society of time watchers who protect the lives and timelines of world-changing people and events (i.e. making sure things happen how they are supposed to happen).

I'm super excited about this series, having abandoned my others temporarily to pursue this one. I'm a good chunk into it, working my way to the scene that I posted part of last night in Friday Night Write (sorry if you read it already. I just kind of love it.)

Basically, it's Sierra--waking from a nearly-fatal wound--and Leo--one of Sierra's best friends--watching over her as she recovers. These two kind of own my heart right now.

**********

Snipped

16 comments:

Kathy Bradey said...

Great concept, Leah! I particularly love this part: "His words broke me, scattered pieces of me in the wind. Was I even worth repairing? Was I worth salvaging if only chucks remained? Nothing whole, nothing solid. Just a shadow of what I once was."
Gorgeous and well written.

Anonymous said...

This is truly awesome writing, I love it. I really like the sound of Leo, poor guy :(
Great tease!

Remilda Graystone said...

I really, really love the descriptions here. Your writing style is great! I want to know what's going on with Sierra and why Hayden tried to kill her. That's just cruel, getting stabbed by someone you loved...

Kaitlin Ward said...

I am in love with this.
If you are in the market for betas at some point, you know where to find me :)

Jamie Blair said...

This is AWESOME - I WANT MORE!!!! Nice concept too! I'm excited to see what comes of this!

Writing Writerly things said...

Loved this! The descriptions were amazing, and I just need to know more about Hayden and Sierra and of course, about Leo.

Aleeza said...

woah Leah! I love it. the names of the charactera are AWESOME! would've loved to read more.

Elizabeth Briggs said...

Great concept. I look forward to reading more about this book!

Unknown said...

your writing is so fluid, and the idea is cool and unique...so what happens if something that was supposed to happen doesn't?

Glen Akin said...

Man, your idea is insane! As in, really awesome! Your teaser was great too. Loved it!

Lia Victoria said...

"I'll fix this. I'll fix you..."
^ That tugged at the ol' heart-strings :P. Beautiful!

Ellen said...

Awww... Poor Sierra :( Gorgeous writing, and it makes me want to stab the Hayden guy back <.< Leo seems like a sweetie though!

Rebecca A. Rogers said...

I love this idea!! So original. :D

P.S. - Sierra and Leo kinda have my heart now too. Just saying. <33

LizPage said...

Eek super intense. The details are just amazing. Love it.

Annie McElfresh said...

LEAH!!! WOW!!! This is awesomesauce!!! The Concept Rawks!!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW.

I wish I had more to say, but that's about all I'm capable of - AWWWW.

 
Copyright © Dreaming Up Realities